Friday, May 21, 2010

The Wall

I ran 3 miles yesterday. I didn't think I could do it. I had told myself, you can only run a half mile at a time. I had told Kellen that earlier in the week but with his help we did a mile and half that day. I still didn't think I could do the 3 miles, but I was going to try. After the first third of my run when I was on a gradual incline, I wanted to slow down. I was hitting the wall. It was then I realized, no one is telling me I can't do this but me (and maybe my thighs that were screaming at me at that point). I am the only one holding me back from doing what I want to do. Then I started thinking, you can do this and you're going to be able to say that you did it. And I did do it. I'm pretty proud of myself.

The principle applies in other areas of life. Sometimes we just get in our own way. We put our blinders on and say this is what I am/or am not. Or this is what I am capable of and no more. Who says you can't wear that color or put yourself out there to make new friends, talk to someone new, try something new, eat a crazy food, get on the right track, etc? Satan tries to instill fear in us. Telling us we can't when the Lord is the parent at the end of the finish line, cheering us on, telling us with Him, nothing is impossible. We just have to be like the Engine that Could and say "I think I can, I think I can". What mental block are you going to tear down this week?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Lisa! I need to get back into step and get outside too! You come kick my rear if I don't start doing it now that it is finally warming up!

    ReplyDelete