Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dashing Through the Snow

This winter was a crazy one. It snowed like crazy and it was really cold. But the best way to beat the winter blues is to get out and have some fun in the snow and I did!




We went tubing as family for the first time ever. Even Mom and Dad came! It was a little hairy getting there but eventually we all made it. It was definitely cold but everyone had a good time.





It seems like this year was full of firsts. My Dad got a new trailer that is perfect for caroling in. I'm sure all the dogs in the neighborhood were howling because the whole family belted out Christmas carols around the neighborhood on Christmas Eve. It was a nice change of pace from our regular eat, talk and go home routine.







Speaking of firsts! I have wanted to try snowshoeing for awhile. And guess what!? I got snowshoes for Christmas!




Yay! Snowshoes!



We had to try them out! We went at night and it was probably around 5 degrees but it was fun! They took a little getting used to, especially getting them on when your fingers are about to fall off. The moon reflected off the snow enough for us to see. We wandered into a beautiful forest. Although I have to say walking around in the woods in the dark is a little creepy. We came across this thing that looked like a dog igloo. It turned out it was this guy's tent. I think we scared the daylights out of him. No one expects a couple of snowshoers to come walking by the tent in the middle of the night.


All in all it was fun! As you can see we look like a couple of frozen raccoons. Wait, I don't think even raccoons go out when it is this cold!




No comments:

Post a Comment