I can't believe Christmas is already over. We started out the month with watching Christmas movies, putting up the decorations ,watching the LDS First Presidency Christmas devotional , and reading Christmas stories almost every night. The ladies at work all went out to lunch together and we had a fun time getting to know each other better.
We went to the Bezzant family Christmas party. All the kids acted out the Christmas Story while Grandpa read it from the book of Luke. It's moments like those that make me really miss my Grandma. I think about her every time I plug in my Snow Village house. Growing up, she was Christmas and I especially missed her this year.
Kellen and I have a tradition of driving around looking at Christmas lights together. We have a good time looking at the houses and seeing people's creative light jobs. It has come to be one of my favorite traditions(other than the car sickness). We tried something new this year by hauling all of my family up to Temple Square for a night of freezing fun. I couldn't believe we got just about everyone to show up. Although most of us couldn't feel our toes by the time we were done, we had a good time. It isn't serious until you can't feel your eye balls, right? We ended the night with treats and warm drinks. I think at that point the consensus was that we should have started with warm drinks. Oh well, there is always next year!
Christmas Day was busy as usual. We listened to a rebroadcast of the Christmas Devotional as we got ready. It was a really nice start to the day. We visited both of our families and Grandpa Joe. Everyone was so generous. It was fun watching everyone open their gifts and feeling the excitement when they really liked what they got.
I thought a lot about the gift of our Savior, Jesus Christ. December is a hard time for a lot of people. There is a lot of pressure and most people are missing someone they lost. But the hope that Jesus Christ has brought to the world with his atonement swallows up all that sorrow. I add my testimony to the testimony of others. He did come. He lives. His atonement was the greatest act of love and sacrifice. He knows me. He loves me. Joy to the world, the Lord has come!
temple square was fun...even if we did cry on the way home due to thawing body parts!
ReplyDeletei love it when the kids act out the nativity! I love hearing Grandpa read to us also...and my heart aches for Grandma. I cant help but think that she isnt far away from us at those moments.